If you are feeling chilly at home, there are several budget-friendly ways to stay comfortable without touching the thermostat.
- Whether you're experiencing frigid winter temps or you are naturally cold-natured, an electric blanket can deliver quick warmth. Electric blankets can include additional features, like timers and dual temperature settings. It will keep you comfortable all winter, and your energy bill will thank you.
- One of the easiest ways to stay cozy at home is to keep your feet warm. Our feet play a critical role in regulating body temperature. When your feet are warm, your whole body feels warmer. Pull on a pair of comfortable wool socks or house slippers to stay toasty.
- On winter days when the sun is shining, harness natural warmth from sunlight. Open curtains, drapes, and blinds in your home to let the sunshine in, and you will feel the difference.
- Another way to make your home warmer is by using a humidifier. Cold air doesn't hold water vapor like warm air does. By adding humidity inside your home, you will feel warmer. An acceptable humidity level inside your home can also help to clear sinuses, soften skin, and improve sleep.
- Beyond adding visual appeal to your home, area rugs can provide extra insulation and a warm surface for your feet on cold winter days. Use large area rugs in the rooms where you spend the most time.
These are just a few ways to stay warm this winter without turning up the thermostat. Don't forget the hot chocolate!